2020/04/08

Installing multilib on slackware-current

this is not really big a problem (except if you consider the time one may waste)

today I made a fresh install of slackware-current on a notebook. Since I wanted to install wine to run some specific wine programs, I went to google typed "slackware multilib". I have done this process several times over the years. So, just as before, I reached this page http://www.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/ which I use as a cheatsheet each time I want to install multilib.

the problem arises because its my first time using -current and also because I copied/pasted the commands mentioned in the "Enabling multilib" first four points without reading the next section. As a consequence I ended up with a broken installation. At first I thought I have installed the 32 bits version, but later I realized there's also a "current" directory on the ftp site.

two things that may add up to the confusion: the fact that Slackware-current says "Slackware 15" at the lilo screen and the /etc/slackware-version file says "slackware 14.2"

so the four commands should be:


Quote:
lftp -c 'open http://slackware.com/~alien/multilib/ ; mirror -c -e current'
cd current
upgradepkg --reinstall --install-new *.t?z
upgradepkg --install-new slackware64-compat32/*-compat32/*.t?z

No comments:

Post a Comment